Friday, May 16, 2008

My first Bella

Lauren Meader (see blog roll to right) has been such an enabler for me without ever knowing it. I was home on maternity leave bored out of my mind! I decided to google SU! cards. Lauren's blog was one of the first hits I came across that really blew my mind. I had never heard of CC Designs, Stamping Bella, Verve Visual, Papertrey Ink, Splitcoast Stampers, etc. My eyes were opened to all of these incredible artists that share my passion of making cards. I didn't feel like such a nerd anymore for being so obsessed.
Back to Lauren, she happened to have just received her latest shipment of Bella stamps and had created some amazing cards. I fell in love with this style of stamps that I had never even looked twice at. Once I saw how cute the cards could be, I immediately had to order some! See? Enabler extraordinaire! With all that said, here is my first Bella card:
Cosmobella. I sent her to my old college roommate that was turning 30; hence, the 30 Birthday Wishes. I meant to give her 30 wishes on the inside but ran out of time. I figured I better get the card in the mail before I missed her day completely!
Her top is colored with Magenta Stickles which matches the ribbon (that I got on clearance somewhere) perfectly. Unfortunately, I over-exposed the photo, so you can't tell. I used a little green rhinestone for the olive in her drink and glossy accents on the martini to give it a little shine. The little baubles are the ones from Michael's (again enabled by Lauren!) and her shoes and belt buckle are colored with a silver Fiskars gel pen. Thanks for looking! :)



4 comments:

Donelda said...

Hey, I love your first Bella card! That big ribbon is great, love the coloring you did, and the three baubles finishes the card nicely!! I agree, Lauren is an increadible artist. I drool over her blog on a daily basis! I am looking forward to drooling over your blog now :-)

Donelda said...

me again, I've been browsing your blog and have a question (thought you might be more likely to see it here)....can you post your pictures larger on your blog?? I love reading about them but I want to be able to see them better! I know you can click on them and a larger pic pops up but it would be better for us, your readers, if they were bigger to start with!! We love your work :-) I know on my blog I have the option to upload large, medium,and small pictures...do you have that option as well?? Just thought I'd ask!!

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh I so love this. What a sweet post! Im blushing. Happy I helped your boredom :D and you have branched out to finding new companies :D

savitri said...

Super cute! I just did this Bella too the other day.