Thursday, May 8, 2008

CASEing is the most sincere form of flattery ~

I saw this gorgeous card on the incredibly talented Julee's blog and couldn't help but to COPY it exactly (or as close as I could come to exactly!) :) I love this set, Thankful Blossoms, from Julee's company Verve Visual. I did have a little trouble getting good coverage of my ink on the acrylic stamps. I have read on other's blogs that SU! craft ink works better. That's why my sentiment looks shadowed - I stamped it first in Taken with Teal and some of the letters weren't whole. Drove me nuts! So I went back and tried to go over it completely with white craft ink and then embossed with white EP. I, of course, was unable, even with clear, acrylic stamps, to get it exactly right :) I like the shadow effect though - what do you all think?

Colors are Soft Sky, Taken with Teal, Always Artichoke; rhinestones, Fiskar's white gel pen, white embossing powder and dimensionals. Thanks for looking! :)

No comments: