Sunday, May 4, 2008

Bold Birthday

I made this card really quickly the other day for my stepdaughter who turned 13! Eek! She is now officially a teenager! She acts more like she is 18 though LOL :) I had something totally different worked out in my head with inspirations from some of my favorite artists. I really wanted to use the layout of this card and make my own background paper with Simply Circles and emboss resist. Nothing was really coming together the way that I wanted and then...this. I am so happy with it! The butterfly wings are stamped first on the white paper and cut out of the box to look like she is flying off the paper. I then stamped them again on vellum, cut them out and glued the body area together to give it motion. I've seen this many times but the one that sticks out in my memory recently is this one. I used my square Nesties, corner rounder punch with the guide removed for the scallop border, paper piercer and those fantastic flowers from Michael's (thanks for telling everyone about them Lauren!). All of these ladies have truly incredible, inspiring blogs, so be sure to check them out! And often :)

Colors are Cool Caribbean, Certainly Celery and Tempting Turquoise and ribbon is from Michael's. Thanks for looking!


1 comment:

gonepotty said...

Hello -
That is gorgeous!
She's a lucky girl!
Elizabeth