Saturday, May 10, 2008

Ahoy Matey!

Ahoy Matey! is one of my favorite SU! sets. I have only used it for this card though! When it first came out in the catalog, my husband and I were trying to get pregnant. I was hoping I would get pregnant with a boy so I would have a reason to buy it! Ha! Lucky me...it happened! I have loved pirates ever since I was a wee one...probably why I married a biker, they're like the modern version of a pirate, dontcha think? :)

Anyway, I did this for another of Jen's SFYTT from a little while ago. I have been making cards, but not so big on posting on this blog. I'm trying! Once I realized you could upload a ton of pics and save them until you were ready to post, I got going! I really wanted to be able to do a little treasure chest and some gold *coins*, aka brads, spilling out on the bottom panel. I realized I didn't have the brads, so I chose the Matey's Map wheel and burned the edges instead. I really love how this turned out - let me know what you think.

I sent this along to Lauren Meader when I won her My Time mail! Such a great bunch of stuff she sent! I stamped "Thanks for the booty" on the inside. Ha, ha! I think I'm so clever!

Colors are too multiple to mention! Colored with aquapainter and blender pen, white craft ink, dimensionals and a lighter. Thanks for looking! :)

5 comments:

Marie Cramp said...

Hi Alyssa,
Thanks for the comments on my blog. You asked if the layout was 6X6. All my layouts are done in 12X12. I just love the size so I stick with it. Hope you come again...
Marie
http://scrappingworld.blogspot.com

Andrea said...

Wow - great card!!

xAndrea

sophia landry said...

This is a cute card! I love how you combined the Stampin'Up with the CCdesign skull! Your sentiment is a hoot too!

Donelda said...

This is cute! I also love this set but only got the wheel as it is the part I liked the best!! I rarely use it either and I'm running out of time, my son is already 8 and quickly moving on to different interests. i love the brad idea!! might have to give that a try (I borrow the other images from my friends who did buy it). I love how you burned the edges of the map, I never thought of doing that either!! Thanks for the inspiration.

Lauren (mytime) said...

I SOOOO loved this card! I love it. Excecuted to perfection